Now more than ever, the pressures of being the absolute best mom for your children is at an all-time high.
One thing I’ve realized is that the key to being a good mom is this: stop asking the question. I know that is a lot to ask, but trust me you are enough. The fact that you are even worried about being a good mom means you already are. If I’m being completely honest with myself though a little validation for the hardest job in the world wouldn’t hurt right.
5 Signs You Are Doing it Right as a Mom
1. Take time for yourself. Knowing you need space and that you can do the things you enjoy, is a healthy step in being the best version of yourself for your kids.
2. Not being afraid to say no. Whether it is personally or professionally, you are the only one who knows your limits and what you are comfortable with and what you are not.
3. Laughter is the best medicine. When you can laugh at yourself in any situation you are giving yourself something every mother needs, grace.
4. Have a tribe. Having a group of other moms who you can depend on is so important. Whether they are exactly like you or not, having someone you can vent to will make you realize you are not alone.
5. Live in the present. We all have a heaping pile of laundry that needs to be folded or dishes that need to be put away, but know it can wait because your child just wants to play with mom and only mom.
At the end of the day mama, know you are doing a fantastic job. Your children will always love you no matter what, chicken nuggets and Paw Patrol in all.