Spread some Christmas magic this holiday season and have your kids write a letter to Santa. Drop it off at one of these locations around Des Moines and they will even get a response from Santa by Christmas!
If you’re hoping to send your letter off to Santa and get a return letter postmarked from the North Pole, here’s what to do:
- Have the child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Write a personalized response to the child’s letter and sign it “From Santa.”
- Insert both letters into an envelope, and address it to the child.
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
- Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address it to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
Send your letters by December 7th so that they can be received by the Anchorage, AK, Postmaster no later than December 14th. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage, AK, will take care of the rest!
Print a letter template or pick one up at the Historic Valley Junction Foundation office at 137 5th Street. Write your letter and drop it off at the big red mailbox in front of our office or mail it to:
Letters to Santa
C/O Historic Valley Junction Foundation
137 5th Street
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Letters must be dropped off or received by 9pm on December 15. Return postcards printed by local Valley Junction business Bozz Prints.
A local couple is spreading holiday cheer this year and responding to letters to Santa. Santa’s mailbox is located at 100 NE 22nd Circle in Grimes. Families can drop off their letters to Santa starting today until December 18.